Youth Offending Services Practitioner - Suffolk
- Job Reference: MM - SuffYOP
- Date Posted: 18 June 2018
- Recruiter: Maxxima
- Location: East of England
- Salary: £14.00 to £15.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Social Work > Social Worker Assistant
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: 03 Months
- Work Hours: Full Time
Maxxima is currently seeking experienced YOUTH OFFENDING SERVICE PRACTITIONERS to fill a full time role in SUFFOLK. The ideal candidate will have a significant understanding of YOUNG PERSONS SERVICES.
The starting pay rate for these locum Social Care positions is £15 and is initially a 3 month contract with potential for extension.
PLEASE READ THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Youth Offending Service Practitioner
1x Ipswich, 1x Bury St Edmunds, 1x Lowestoft
Starting ASAP for an initial 3 months
37 hours per week
The Suffolk Youth Offending Service (SYOS) works with children, young people who are in, or on the edge of the Youth Justice System. The service also works with parents and carers and the victims of youth crime. SYOS is a multi-agency partnership hosted by Suffolk County Council. The aim is to prevent offending by children and young people and protect the public from the harm caused by their offending. At the same time the service works to ensure the safety and wellbeing of these children and young people and to enhance their life aspirations and opportunities.
- Offer a range of services to young people and their carers including structured intervention programmes, based on effective practice principles that aim to prevent offending and anti-social behaviour and manage the risk of harm young people present to themselves and others
- Delivering Restorative Justice interventions
- Attending Youth Courts and providing court duty cover
- Demonstrates knowledge of Signs of Safety and a broad practical understanding of and skills in using solution focused approaches of intervention. $2022;
- Ability to effectively apply solution focused approaches to deliver successful outcomes. $2022;
- Ability to clarify risks and concerns and focus on solutions to create a climate in which change can happen. $2022; -
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and guidance as appropriate to role
- Ability to recognise and act on Child Protection and risk of harm and re-offending issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Ability to recognise and manage risk of harm to others and risk of reoffending issues and escalate as appropriate
- Knowledge of associated agencies and their working practices and roles.
- Ability to use a range of assessment frameworks
- In depth knowledge of the social and emotional factors that affect a child's capacity to learn and develop.
- Understanding the diverse range of needs of clients & backgrounds
If you are interested in this Position please contact us now by clicking the apply button.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our client's requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our social work team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process ad into your work placement.
Maxxima has been offering high quality, flexible staffing solutions to the health and social care sectors for over 15 years. We work with public and private health clients, local authorities and social care providers throughout the UK and overseas.
We're the kind of people who put ourselves in your shoes. We'll always go out of our way, putting you first and delivering on what we say. You'll know who's supporting you every step of the way and we'll always have time to take your call.
We like to think we're a little bit different. Why? Because we like what we do, care about what you do, and you'll find we're unusually friendly.
Recommend a colleague:
Often, our candidates are so pleased with our service that they recommend us to their friends and colleagues. To encourage this and say thank you, we offer a referral bonus incentive.
The way it works is simple: if you introduce a candidate who is not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £250. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.
*The post-qualifying experience range stated is purely a guide. We will consider candidates that fall outside of this range if they can strongly demonstrate the required competencies.