Young Peoples Advisor - Dudley
- Job Reference: MM - DiudleyYPA
- Date Posted: 12 June 2018
- Recruiter: Maxxima
- Location: West Midlands
- Salary: £13.00 to £14.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Social Work > Social Worker Assistant
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: 03 Months
- Work Hours: Full Time
Maxxima is currently seeking experienced YOUNG PEOPLES ADVISOR to fill a full time role in DUDLEY. The ideal candidate will have a significant understanding of YOUNG PERSONS SERVICES.
The starting pay rate for these locum Social Care positions is £14 and is initially a 3 month contract with potential for extension.
PLEASE READ THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity for a young Person Adviser to join our Care Leaver Team
In this role you will need:-
* To be responsible for all aspects of direct care for young people both Looked After and After Care.
* To be responsible for the co-ordination and implementation of Pathway Plans and to ensure
these are developed to meet with the young persons changing needs. In addition to explore and work towards young people
* Contribute to the needs assessment, which helps formulate the first Pathway Plan for the young person to maximise their potential.
* To manage a caseload in conjunction with a social worker of young people when they are
* Eligible, and then taking on full case responsibility once they cease to be looked after, regularly review their progress and assess level of support required through regular review of Pathway Plans (minimum 6 monthly).
* To be responsible for the co-ordination and management of individual Pathway Plans, in line with The Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000
* To contribute to the effective and efficient use of the physical and financial resources of the council. To have responsibility for decision making for use of financial resources, using own initiative within the financial remit of the service.
* Work actively to engage young people, parents, carers and families in decision making processes about their future choices and enable their development into effective adulthood by providing impartial support and guidance.
* Liaise with other professionals and agencies to achieve optimal outcomes for children and young people.
* Identifying the appropriate manner in which to communicate with young people, their parents and carers especially where special needs have been identified and traditional communication methods are unsuitable.
* To understand and be able to use ICS/LAC/IT processes and maintain and keep up to date all written records.
* To have a responsibility for safeguarding children and young people who are at risk of experiencing harm, neglect or abuse.
* To offer a transitional service of advice and guidance to a young person when transferring to Adult Services where appropriate.
* Advise, support and keep in touch with young people who have left care until they are 21 or 25 if in education or training.
* Participate in a duty rota as directed by the team manager to ensure availability and continuity of services
* Develop and sustain effective working relationships with the local community, colleagues and other agencies so as to promote collaborative working and partnership arrangements.
* Establish, sustain and disengage from relationships with service users and their families.
* Work flexible hours which include evenings and weekends in order to meet the needs of service users.
If you are interested in this Position please contact us now by clicking the apply button.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our client's requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our social work team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process ad into your work placement.
Maxxima has been offering high quality, flexible staffing solutions to the health and social care sectors for over 15 years. We work with public and private health clients, local authorities and social care providers throughout the UK and overseas.
We're the kind of people who put ourselves in your shoes. We'll always go out of our way, putting you first and delivering on what we say. You'll know who's supporting you every step of the way and we'll always have time to take your call.
We like to think we're a little bit different. Why? Because we like what we do, care about what you do, and you'll find we're unusually friendly.
Recommend a colleague:
Often, our candidates are so pleased with our service that they recommend us to their friends and colleagues. To encourage this and say thank you, we offer a referral bonus incentive.
The way it works is simple: if you introduce a candidate who is not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £250. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.
*The post-qualifying experience range stated is purely a guide. We will consider candidates that fall outside of this range if they can strongly demonstrate the required competencies.