Theatre Sister - Permanent - London
- Job Reference: CCTSWL
- Date Posted: 29 March 2019
- Recruiter: Maxxima
- Location: London
- Salary: £45,000
- Sector: Nursing > Theatre Nurse
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Maxxima Nursing Team is currently seeking an experienced Theatre Sister to specialise in Scrub, to fill a full time (will include nights), permanent role in West London. The pay rate for this Theatre Sister job is £45,000 per annum and is a permanent contract due to start ASAP. Your role will require you to work 80% in theatres and 20% Management / Administration duties.
Our client is one of the largest providers of plastic surgery in London, they offer a wide range of different procedures. The clinic is based in a busy area of West London, with great transport links.
Within this private clinic, your main responsibilities will be:
* In the absence of the Theatre Manager ensure the Theatre department is efficiently and effectively staffed and managed.
* Provide support to Theatre department staff, ensuring that relevant guidelines and targets are in place and monitored.
* Assist the Theatre Manager regarding education, training, and manpower/skill mix.
* Review any aspect of the service that does not meet safe / satisfactory levels of care and action an improvement plan.
* Raise the profile of the Theatre department by promoting best practice initiatives.
* Foster an environment within which the development of practitioners is achieved.
* Investigate any complaints or untoward incidents, accidents or other issues that may arise within the department and provide feedback and timely responses
* Working alongside the facilities Manager ensure the maintenance of all equipment is in accordance with manufacturers' guidelines. Take action when faulty equipment is reported.
* Maintain personal records of staff with details of their professional development, sickness, study leave etc. To co-ordinate, annual leave and duty rotas to provide effective cover.
* To audit quality of care to improve service and ensure standards are maintained
Requirements of the Theatre Sister role:
- You must specialise in Scrub.
- You must have 2 years' experience of management in theatres
- You must be a registered nurse with the NMC
- You must regularly assess and evaluate practice by audit and implement change in a participative manner with nursing/business colleagues.
- You must maintain professional records at all times.
- You must ensure a high standard of personal behaviour and ensure effective communication with all members of the multi-disciplinary team, patients and relatives.
- You must have up to date knowledge in acute medicine/surgery and post-surgical care.
- You must be competent with Incident reporting / Datix / IT systems.
- You must have some previous experience in the private sector.
- You will have basic experience in workload/bed allocation and shift management.
If you are interested in this Theatre Sister position please contact us now by clicking the apply button.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our client's requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our nursing team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Maxxima has been offering high quality, flexible staffing solutions to the health and social care sectors for over 15 years. We work with public and private health clients, local authorities and social care providers throughout the UK and overseas.
We're the kind of people who put ourselves in your shoes. We'll always go out of our way, putting you first and delivering on what we say. You'll know who's supporting you every step of the way and we'll always have time to take your call.
We like to think we're a little bit different. Why? Because we like what we do, care about what you do, and you'll find we're unusually friendly.
Recommend a colleague:
Often, our candidates are so pleased with our service that they recommend us to their friends and colleagues. To encourage this and say thank you, we offer a referral bonus incentive.
The way it works is simple: if you introduce a candidate who is not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £250. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.
*The PQE range stated is purely a guide. We will consider candidates that fall outside of this range if they can strongly demonstrate the required competencies.