Quality Control Technician in Gene and Cell Therapy Required
- Job Reference: BIOMW0509
- Date Posted: 5 September 2018
- Location: London
- Salary: £26.00 to £28.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Biomedical Science > Biomedical Scientist, Biomedical Science > Immunology
- Job Type: Contract
- Duration: Ongoing
- Work Hours: Full Time
Maxxima is currently seeking a experienced Quality Control Technician in Gene and Cell Therapy to fill a full time role in London.
The starting pay rate for this locum Technician job is £26.00 to £28.00 per hour and is an ongoing role.
The post will be at technician level with a significant administrative component. Experience of quality management systems in a similar environment and an understanding of GMP requirements is required.
You will be part of a small team that interact to manage the unit's quality system activities.
Requirements of the Technician role:
It is essential that you have a BSc (or equivalent) in a relevant subject area.
It is essential that you have training in QC, QA or relevant experience.
- Working in quality control in a relevant environment.
- Experience of GMP Requirements
- Experience in record-keeping
- Commitment to ensuring the high quality of manufactured medicines
It is desirable that you have:
- GMP, clean room experience.
- Experience in gene and cell therapies or medicines.
- Experience of training others.
- Knowledge of day to day quality issues of a laboratory or cleaning room facility
- It is desirable to have knowledge of HTA and MHRA/EU regulations in relation to GMP
- Track record in quality management and/or quality assurance and quality control.
- Good organisation skills and keen eye for detail is essential.
- Familiarity with QC/A skills needed to implement a PQS
- Understanding of safe working practices
- Effective spoken and written English.
All applicants must have a relevant experience of working within an NHS or Private Pathology Laboratory. Candidates must be HCPC registered and also have a Valid Working Holiday Visa, Ancestry Visa or EU Citizenship.
If you are interested in this position please contact us now by clicking the apply button.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our client's requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our biomedical science team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Maxxima has been offering high quality, flexible staffing solutions to the health and social care sectors for over 15 years. We work with public and private health clients, local authorities and social care providers throughout the UK and overseas.
We're the kind of people who put ourselves in your shoes. We'll always go out of our way, putting you first and delivering on what we say. You'll know who's supporting you every step of the way and we'll always have time to take your call.
We like to think we're a little bit different. Why? Because we like what we do, care about what you do, and you'll find we're unusually friendly.
Recommend a colleague:
Often, our candidates are so pleased with our service that they recommend us to their friends and colleagues. To encourage this and say thank you, we offer a referral bonus incentive.
The way it works is simple: if you introduce a candidate who is not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £250. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.