Qualified Social Workers - Adults - North Yorkshire
- Job Reference: MM - NORYOR280617
- Date Posted: 28 June 2017
- Recruiter: Maxxima
- Location: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Salary: £20.00 to £21.00
- Sector: Social Work > Qualified Social Worker
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: 3 Months
- Work Hours: Full Time
Maxxima is currently seeking an experienced QUALIFIED SOCIAL WORKER to fill a full time role in NORTH YORKSHIRE. The ideal candidate will have a significant understanding of Adults Services.
The starting pay rate for this locum Qualified Social Worker job is £20 per hour and is initially a 3 month contract with potential for extension.
Requirements of the role
All applicants must have a relevant qualification in Social Work (e.g. DipSW), be registered with the HCPC and have a minimum of 1 years' post-qualifying experience in a similar statutory team.
* Undertake strength based assessments of need with adults and carers as allocated by your line manager and where requested and identify whether or not the adult and/or carers fall within the national eligibility criteria, and communicating this to the adult or carer.
* Work creatively and innovatively with the adult with care and support needs and/or carers to develop an agreed care and support plan to achieve the identified outcomes.
* Providing professional support and information, advice and guidance to adults with care and support needs and carers on how their needs could be partly or wholly met by access to universal and other non-care services.
* Explore opportunities to meet desired outcomes through alternative funding streams for example the voluntary sector or Continuing Health Care funding.
* Proactively work towards the increased uptake of direct payments and other service development initiatives including (but not limited to) reablement, personalisation, individual budgets, self-assessment and self-directed care to meet the adult or carers outcomes.
* Ensuring value for money and maximise opportunities to generate income for adults with care and support needs and carers.
* Undertaking re-assessments and reviews of care pathways as required by your line manager.
* Intervene in emergency situations to protect adults with care and support needs or carers and to initiate the appropriate statutory and other actions required. To be committed to safeguarding and promote the welfare of children, young people and adults, raising concerns as appropriate. Undertake Safeguarding Adults Investigations, as delegated by the Designated Safeguarding Manager and in line with procedures.
* Maintaining clear, concise and timely records of cases, care pathways and actions in line with the Directorate's policies on file maintenance.
* Participating in the duty system as required by the Team Manager.
* To maintain clear, concise and timely records of cases, care packages and actions in line with the Directorate's policies on file maintenance, this includes electronic and paper records, and communicate to the adults with care and support needs and carers in an appropriate manner to enable effective written and oral communication and is in line with Directorate policies and procedures.
* Effectively negotiate and manage conversations where there is a disagreement, with the adult with care and support needs and/or their carers and others.
* Communicate effectively and in a manner and timescale appropriate for the level of urgency, to your manager, other colleagues and professionals
* Work with the line manager to contribute to the development of the local community to enable the empowerment of adults with care and support needs and carers. Liaising with local, universal and other services to promote access to them by adults with care and support needs and carers.
* Ensure that you utilise the current business processes to support the Adult Social Care function in relation to case recording, financial monitoring, ICT. To assist in the collection of client data and make appropriate use of IT systems
If you are interested in this Qualified Social Work position please contact us now by clicking the apply button.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our client's requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our social work team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process ad into your work placement.
Maxxima has been offering high quality, flexible staffing solutions to the health and social care sectors for over 15 years. We work with public and private health clients, local authorities and social care providers throughout the UK and overseas.
We're the kind of people who put ourselves in your shoes. We'll always go out of our way, putting you first and delivering on what we say. You'll know who's supporting you every step of the way and we'll always have time to take your call.
We like to think we're a little bit different. Why? Because we like what we do, care about what you do, and you'll find we're unusually friendly.
Recommend a colleague:
Often, our candidates are so pleased with our service that they recommend us to their friends and colleagues. To encourage this and say thank you, we offer a referral bonus incentive.
The way it works is simple: if you introduce a candidate who is not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £250. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.
*The post-qualifying experience range stated is purely a guide. We will consider candidates that fall outside of this range if they can strongly demonstrate the required competencies.