Private Speech Therapy Locum, Brain Injury - Nottingham
- Job Reference: SLTHUNT
- Date Posted: 8 September 2018
- Location: East Midlands
- Salary: £30.00 to £35.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Speech and Language Therapy > Speech and Language Therapist
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: Ongoing
- Work Hours: Full Time
We are currently working on an opportunity with a leading private healthcare provider in the Nottingham area. Located on the outskirts of historic Nottingham, the unit cares for patients who have conditions such as acquired or traumatic brain injury, Huntington's disease, multiple sclerosis, motor neurone disease and spinal injury. They also look after people who need tracheostomy care, enteral feeding and assisted ventilation.
As the lead Speech and Language Therapist, you will be responsible for assessment and management of service users with communication and swallowing disorders, as well as maintaining high standards of clinical care and working within a multidisciplinary team framework.
This SLT role is available to start ASAP for 3 months in the first instance, but may be extended past this depending on recruitment. The pay rate for this locum speech job is £30-£35 per hour.
You must have a relevant qualification in speech and language therapy and be HCPC registered. Requirements of the role include:
* Being hospital based dysphagia independent
* Having experience within a neuro/brain injury setting
* Able to provide assessment in communication as well as dysphagia
* Tracheostomy competent
* Experience in managing a team and training of junior therapists
Why work for Maxxima?
* Practical assistance with relocation, accommodation and DBS/CRB checks
* Dedicated and experienced consultants
* Dedicated payroll consultant to ensure prompt payment
* Guidance and advice on CV and interview techniques
* Practical assistance with professional body registration
* A choice of PAYE, umbrella or LTD company payments
If you are interested in this role please apply by clicking the apply button. Or if you would like more details about this role, contact the team today, we always have time to take your call.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Recommend a colleague:
Often, our candidates are so pleased with our service that they recommend us to their friends and colleagues. To encourage this and say thank you, we offer a referral bonus incentive. The way it works is simple: if you introduce a candidate who is not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £1,500. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.