Paediatric Locum Speech Therapist, Private SEN School - London
- Job Reference: SLT0909
- Date Posted: 9 September 2018
- Location: London
- Salary: £25.00 to £35.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Speech and Language Therapy
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: Ongoing
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our exclusive private client in Newham, East London are looking for a full-time temporary Speech and Language Therapist to work in their school. This position has the potential to be extended to a full-time permanent position, should the therapist be a good fit for the service and vice versa.
The school has a resourced provision for hearing impaired pupils. Your job will be to provide 1:1 as well as group sessions to deaf pupils and pupils with language and communication needs, staff members and parents. The school is at the heart of a culturally rich community where they are able to offer purposeful and exciting learning opportunities for all. The pay rate for this position is £25-£35 per hour depending on experience.
The school is ideally looking for you to have experience working with some/all of the skills below:
* At least 2 years' experience as an SLT with additional training and experience of working with SEN children and their families.
* Previous experience of working in an educational context including early years to KS2.
* Demonstrable experience of working with children who use cochlear implants and hearing aids, including a strong focus on listening and spoken language.
* Experience working with children with Sensory Processing Disorders.
* Ability to work with children with complex needs such as ADHD and ASD. This may also include children who may use alternative forms of communication (AAC).
You must have a relevant qualification in speech and language therapy and be HCPC registered.
Why work for Maxxima?
* Practical assistance with relocation, accommodation and DBS/CRB checks
* Dedicated and experienced consultants
* Dedicated payroll consultant to ensure prompt payment
* Guidance and advice on CV and interview techniques
* Practical assistance with professional body registration
* A choice of PAYE, umbrella or LTD company payments
If you are interested in this role please apply by clicking the apply button. Or if you would like more details about this role, contact the team today, we always have time to take your call.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Recommend a colleague:
Often, our candidates are so pleased with our service that they recommend us to their friends and colleagues. To encourage this and say thank you, we offer a referral bonus incentive. The way it works is simple: if you introduce a candidate who is not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £1,500. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.