Operating Department Practitioner (ODP) - Permanent - London
- Job Reference: CCPODPL06
- Date Posted: 23 August 2018
- Location: London
- Salary: £37,000
- Sector: Nursing > Registered General Nurse
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Maxxima Nursing Team is currently seeking an experienced Operating Department Practitioner to fill a full time 40 hours per week role with a Private cosmetics company based in London. The ideal candidate will have an expert understanding of cosmetics.
The pay rate for this Operating Department Practitioner job is up to £37,000 per annum and is a permanent position. The hours are worked as 4 long days, which will include weekends.
You will be responsible and accountable for support patients before, during and after surgery. This will include assessing them after surgery to make sure they can be taken back to the ward. You'll be required to work within an anaesthetic, surgical or recovery team, and may also be required to work in accident and emergency, intensive care, day surgery clinics, maternity units or resuscitation teams.
* Your daily tasks will include preparing the operating theatre and equipment, making sure specialist equipment is available for specific procedures, monitoring theatre cleanliness, ordering and rotating items of stock and drugs, providing the surgical team with the items they need during an operation, monitoring instruments and keeping accurate records.
Requirements of the Operating Department Practitioner role:
- You must be HPC registered ODP or NMC registered nurse.
- You must have 12 months post registration experience.
- You must maintain a high standard of personal behaviour and ensure effective communication with all members of the multi-disciplinary team, patients and relatives.
- You must be physically able to adapt to the environment including the potential to stand for long periods as well as react in an emergency within a confined area.
A full job description is available upon request, please contact Charlotte at Maxxima Nursing Team for more information.
If you are interested in this Operating Department Practitioner position please contact us now by clicking the apply button.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our client's requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our nursing team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Maxxima has been offering high quality, flexible staffing solutions to the health and social care sectors for over 15 years. We work with public and private health clients, local authorities and social care providers throughout the UK and overseas.
We're the kind of people who put ourselves in your shoes. We'll always go out of our way, putting you first and delivering on what we say. You'll know who's supporting you every step of the way and we'll always have time to take your call.
We like to think we're a little bit different. Why? Because we like what we do, care about what you do, and you'll find we're unusually friendly.
Recommend a colleague:
Often, our candidates are so pleased with our service that they recommend us to their friends and colleagues. To encourage this and say thank you, we offer a referral bonus incentive.
The way it works is simple: if you introduce a candidate who is not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £250. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.
*The PQE range stated is purely a guide. We will consider candidates that fall outside of this range if they can strongly demonstrate the required competencies.