Locum Speech Therapist, Head & Neck Cancer, Nottingham
- Job Reference: SLT011H&N
- Date Posted: 3 August 2018
- Recruiter: Maxxima
- Location: East Midlands
- Salary: £28.00 to £35.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Speech and Language Therapy
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: Ongoing
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our clients based in Nottingham are currently seeking an experienced Adult Speech and Language Therapist to work with a predominantly ENT, Head and neck caseload. Our client is ideally looking for a therapist with experience working within some/all of the skills below;
* Specialist dysphagia and communication skills in Head & Neck Cancer acute care (inpatient) and longer term rehabilitation including promoter and dysphagia therapy (e.g. chemoradiotherapy, transoral laser surgery patients, complex surgical resections with tissue flap repair/reconstruction)
* Laryngectomy skills, even some experience would be helpful for general caseload valve changes and follow up
* FEES competent and able to conduct VFFS clinics
* Good MDT working and team skills within SLT team.
Successful candidates will have post-graduate experience working within a clinical environment, be HCPC registered and be qualified to a degree level (BSc or MSc). Our clients are looking for confident and self-motivated team players to hit the ground running.
Your responsibilities would include assessing the well being and health of patients as part of this variable caseload.
---- Essential Information ----
* Location: Nottingham
* Caseload: Head and Neck Cancer, joint voice and ENT clinics(as above)
* Role Commences: ASAP
* Length of Role: Ongoing
* Hours: Flexible
* Rate of Pay: Between £28 and £35 per hour depending on level of experience
---- Skills & Experience Requirements ----
* HCPC Registration
* Valid working holiday Visa, Ancestry Visa or EU citizenship
* Dysphagia qualification
---- Why Maxxima? ----
Labmed hold numerous sole and preferred supplier contracts throughout the UK and Europe within the NHS and private medical organisations.
Labmed provide access to exclusive vacancies and offers practical assistance with relocation, accommodation, mandatory training and all compliance procedures necessary to commence a job role.
Please contact Labmed Recruitment for more information on this or any other of our Speech and Language Therapy jobs.
Do you know a colleague that would be perfect for this vacancy? Refer them and earn a referral bonus of up to £1500.