Locum Adult Speech Therapist, Acute Stroke - South Wales
- Job Reference: SLTSWLS
- Date Posted: 8 September 2018
- Location: Wales
- Salary: £30.00 to £35.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Speech and Language Therapy
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: Ongoing
- Work Hours: Part Time
Maxxima has the following opportunity for an experienced Speech and Language Therapist to fill a full time role down in South Wales.
The role itself is working on an acute stroke ward. You will be specialising in dysphagia and will be supported to work with adult clients with a range of disoders to receive specialist assessment and therapy for communication and swallowing difficulties. The team itself pride themselves on providing high quality care service and have won various awards for innovation in healthcare.
This SLT role is available to start ASAP for 2 months in the first instance, but may be extended past this depending on recruitment. The pay rate for this locum speech job is £30-£35 per hour.
You must have a relevant qualification in speech and language therapy and be HCPC registered. Requirements of the role include:
* Being hospital based dysphagia independent
* Having experience within an acute Stroke setting
* Able to provide basic assessment in communication as well as dysphagia
* Ensuring a high standard of patient care and actively improve the patient experience
Why work for Maxxima?
* Practical assistance with relocation, accommodation and DBS/CRB checks
* Dedicated and experienced consultants
* Dedicated payroll consultant to ensure prompt payment
* Guidance and advice on CV and interview techniques
* Practical assistance with professional body registration
* A choice of PAYE, umbrella or LTD company payments
If you are interested in this role please apply by clicking the apply button. Or if you would like more details about this role, contact the team today, we always have time to take your call.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Recommend a colleague:
Often, our candidates are so pleased with our service that they recommend us to their friends and colleagues. To encourage this and say thank you, we offer a referral bonus incentive. The way it works is simple: if you introduce a candidate who is not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £1,500. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.