Independent Reviewing Officers - Peterborough
- Job Reference: MM - PBoroIRO
- Date Posted: 27 February 2018
- Recruiter: Maxxima
- Location: East of England
- Salary: £37.00 to £38.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Social Work > Independent Reviewing Officer
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: 03 Months
- Work Hours: Full Time
Maxxima is currently seeking experienced INDEPENDENT REVIEWING OFFICERS to fill a full time role in PETERBOROUGH. The ideal candidate will have a significant understanding of CHILDREN AND FAMILIES Practices.
The starting pay rate for these locum Social Care positions is £38 and is initially a 3 month contract with potential for extension.
PLEASE READ THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
Within this position you will be:
*Completing Quality Assurance and Grading of Conference and Review Reports and Service Delivery
*Chairing of Child Protection Conferences, Looked After Child Reviews, Secure Criteria Reviews
*Holding Child Protection Consultations
*Undertaking Clear, concise and achievable decision making
*Ensuring Children's voices are heard and experiences acknowledged and that decision making accurately reflects children's views
*Advising Social Workers, Team and Service Managers and Directors on Care Planning and Case Management
*Monitoring drift in Care Planning ensuring timely permanence is achieved
*Having effective liaison and communication with multiple stake holders
*Escalating and Disputing Resolution to ensure safe outcomes for children
Do you meet the following?
* Experience of being an IRO, fostering or family placement services
* Experience of chairing meetings, at times under difficult circumstances.
* Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make sound, robust recommendations based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals at all times.
* Have the ability to support the monitoring, development and maintenance of local quality assurance systems.
* Have the ability to contribute to the continuous improvement in standards of practice in relation to fostering within a Performance Improvement Strategy.
* A recognised Social Work Qualification (Degree/Dip'sSW/CQSW).
* A valid HCPC registration
* An understanding and working knowledge of the current legislation relevant to Children's Social Care and Fostering Service
If you are interested in this Position please contact us now by clicking the apply button.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our client's requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our social work team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process ad into your work placement.
Maxxima has been offering high quality, flexible staffing solutions to the health and social care sectors for over 15 years. We work with public and private health clients, local authorities and social care providers throughout the UK and overseas.
We're the kind of people who put ourselves in your shoes. We'll always go out of our way, putting you first and delivering on what we say. You'll know who's supporting you every step of the way and we'll always have time to take your call.
We like to think we're a little bit different. Why? Because we like what we do, care about what you do, and you'll find we're unusually friendly.
Recommend a colleague:
Often, our candidates are so pleased with our service that they recommend us to their friends and colleagues. To encourage this and say thank you, we offer a referral bonus incentive.
The way it works is simple: if you introduce a candidate who is not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £250. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.
*The post-qualifying experience range stated is purely a guide. We will consider candidates that fall outside of this range if they can strongly demonstrate the required competencies.