Derby Children and Families Social Workers
- Job Reference: MM - Derby
- Date Posted: 18 September 2018
- Location: East Midlands
- Salary: £28.00 to £29.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Social Work > Qualified Social Worker
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: 03 Months
- Work Hours: Full Time
Maxxima is currently seeking experienced QUALIFIED SOCIAL WORKERS to fill full time roles in DERBY. The ideal candidate will have a significant understanding of CHILDRENS Practices.
The salary for these locum Social Care positions is £29 (Umbrella Rate) and is initially a 3 month contract with potential for extension.
Requirements of the role
We are looking for Qualified Social Workers with experience of working within a busy Statutory service
1. Carry out child-focused assessments of need, including investigations of suspected child abuse, working jointly with colleagues from the Department, and from other Agencies where appropriate.
2. Develop appropriate service plans with associated procedures based upon assessed needs and eligibility criteria.
3. Ensure the delivery of appropriate services to children and their families according to their assessed needs and service plan. This will include the rigorous implementation of eligibility criteria, and acting as Key Worker with children in need including those who are subject to Child Protection plans, as well as who are 'Looked After' by the Council. It is also likely to include giving evidence in Court Proceedings, and the provision of a range of Reports.
4. Work consistently within the parameters of the law, departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
5. Attend conferences, reviews, core groups and planning meetings, as appropriate.
6. Make case planning decisions which are consistent with the responsibilities and grading of the post.
7. Contribute to the development of the team's Business Plan in conjunction with the Service Manager.
8. Work towards the achievement of national and local performance management indicators.
9. Maintain accurate and effective recording of information and action taken, as defined and specified by City Council policy and procedure.
10. Work as a team member attending team meetings and making an active contribution to the development of service delivery through the sharing of knowledge, information and skills.
11. Actively participate in consultations and regular individual supervision with the Team Manager, as required by the Departmental Supervision Policy.
12. Undertake further training which is consistent with the needs of the individual and the organisation, as negotiated with the Team Manager.
13. Work proactively to promote good relationships with other professionals and agencies, as well as with colleagues within the Early Intervention & Integrated Safeguarding Service and the City Council.
14. Work flexibly, and participate as a team member in developing the service, and ensuring that it remains 'customer-driven' and is appropriate to the needs and demands of the City.
15. Undertake the supervision of Social Work students and secondees.
16. Demonstrate commitment and sensitivity to ensuring Equality of Opportunity in service delivery.
17. Work with computers and other new technology and associated systems, as required.
18. Adhere to standing order, financial regulations and departmental instructions.
19. Comply with health and safety regulations and policies.
20. Participate in the development, introduction and maintenance of new systems and procedures using Best Value methodology and techniques.
21. Comply with policies on qualities and environmental issues.
If you are interested in this Qualified Social Work position please contact us now by clicking the apply button.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our client's requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our social work team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process ad into your work placement.
Maxxima has been offering high quality, flexible staffing solutions to the health and social care sectors for over 15 years. We work with public and private health clients, local authorities and social care providers throughout the UK and overseas.
We're the kind of people who put ourselves in your shoes. We'll always go out of our way, putting you first and delivering on what we say. You'll know who's supporting you every step of the way and we'll always have time to take your call.
We like to think we're a little bit different. Why? Because we like what we do, care about what you do, and you'll find we're unusually friendly.
Recommend a colleague:
Often, our candidates are so pleased with our service that they recommend us to their friends and colleagues. To encourage this and say thank you, we offer a referral bonus incentive.
The way it works is simple: if you introduce a candidate who is not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £250. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.
*The post-qualifying experience range stated is purely a guide. We will consider candidates that fall outside of this range if they can strongly demonstrate the required competencies.