Band 7 Health & Safety Adviser - NHS - London
- Job Reference: ELB7HL06
- Date Posted: 27 September 2018
- Recruiter: Maxxima
- Location: London
- Salary: £27.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Nursing > Registered General Nurse
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: 3 Months
- Work Hours: Full Time
Maxxima is currently seeking an experienced Band 7 Health & Safety and Back Care Adviser to fill a full time, 37.5 hours role in Sutton, London.
The starting pay rate for this locum Band 7 Health & Safety and Back Care Adviser job is £27.00 per hour (Umbrella) and is a 3 month contract due to start ASAP.
The Health and Safety Adviser is ultimately responsible for developing and co-ordinating the Health and Safety and Back Care programme in the Trust, and fulfilling the role of competent person in line with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
The post holder will:
* Provide specialist advice, guidance and instruction regarding health and safety issues within the workplace, to ensure that the Trust meets and exceeds the statutory obligations required and achieve high standards of health and safety.
* Act as the corporate lead for professional advice and support in the continuous development of Health, Safety and Back Care and associated Risk Management policies within the Trust
* Perform periodic site specific safety audits of workplace activities/functions and provide analysis of health and safety data and reports in order to promote safe working practices and conditions
* Support Department Managers in undertaking their responsibilities with regards to health and safety issues.
* Work closely with the key staff to ensure that health and safety issues are properly co-ordinated and communicated to staff
A full job description can be provided on request, please contact Maxxima for more information.
Requirements of the Band 7 Health & Safety and Back Care Adviser role:
- You must have a degree level qualification in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent qualification or experience gained through at least 6 years relevant employment
- You must have a recognised Health and Safety Qualification to NEBOSH Diploma Level 6 or equivalent
- You must have relevant advanced manual handling qualification or be willing to undertake this
- You must be a member of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent.
If you are interested in this Band 7 Health & Safety and Back Care Adviser position please contact us now by clicking the apply button.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our client's requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our nursing team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Maxxima has been offering high quality, flexible staffing solutions to the health and social care sectors for over 15 years. We work with public and private health clients, local authorities and social care providers throughout the UK and overseas.
We're the kind of people who put ourselves in your shoes. We'll always go out of our way, putting you first and delivering on what we say. You'll know who's supporting you every step of the way and we'll always have time to take your call.
We like to think we're a little bit different. Why? Because we like what we do, care about what you do, and you'll find we're unusually friendly.
Recommend a colleague:
Often, our candidates are so pleased with our service that they recommend us to their friends and colleagues. To encourage this and say thank you, we offer a referral bonus incentive.
The way it works is simple: if you introduce a candidate who is not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £250. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.
*The PQE range stated is purely a guide. We will consider candidates that fall outside of this range if they can strongly demonstrate the required competencies.