Band 5 Registered Nurse Vaccinator - East and West Kent
- Job Reference: CCB5VK06
- Date Posted: 27 September 2018
- Location: South East England
- Salary: £18.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Nursing > Registered General Nurse
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: 3 Months
- Work Hours: Full Time
Maxxima is currently seeking an experienced Band 5 Registered Nurse Vaccinator to fill a full time role in East and West Kent. The ideal candidate will have an expert understanding of vaccination practices within the NHS.
The pay rate for this locum Band 5 Registered Nurse Vaccinator job is £18 per hour (Umbrella) and is a 3 month contract due to start ASAP.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed vaccination nurse/co-ordinator vaccinator to help us deliver this year's flu plan. This band 5 role is essential to the smooth delivery of our seasonal flu campaign, which we deliver in partnership with Public Health England, supported by the Department of Health as part of the national drive to make sure NHS staff are vaccinated to protect us and our patients. You will be required to carry out the following responsibilities;
* maintain the cold chain of both storage facilities and when in transit, to ensure vaccine safety and escalate issues, where appropriate
* safely administer vaccines clinically, in accordance with local trust policies, procedures and national minimum standards for immunisation.
* assess the fitness of staff to have the vaccination
* ensure all staff who are vaccinated complete and sign required documentation, for example the consent form
* have up-to-date evidence-based knowledge of the benefits, side effects and efficacy data relating to the influenza vaccine and be able to present this information, as required
* be able to respond in an emergency, such as anaphylaxis
* comply with professional codes of conduct, relevant organisational policies and procedures
* keep accurate data on the uptake of the flu vaccine and identify problem areas, areas of good practice etc
* share good practice and develop local protocols with teams to ensure good uptake among services
* work closely with the Flu Team to support communications and promotion of the campaign
* provide daily feedback on the number of vaccinations administered to the central recording team
* collect and return vaccines to storage areas and completion of relevant documentation
* dispose of used clinical equipment as required, adhering to policy
* travel across the trust's geographical area.
Requirements of the Band 5 Registered Nurse Vaccinator role:
- You must be a Registered General Nurse with a current NMC pin
- You must have previous experience deporting vaccinations
- You must have previous experience working within the NHS
If you are interested in this Band 5 Registered Nurse Vaccinator position please contact us now by clicking the apply button.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our client's requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our nursing team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Maxxima has been offering high quality, flexible staffing solutions to the health and social care sectors for over 15 years. We work with public and private health clients, local authorities and social care providers throughout the UK and overseas.
We're the kind of people who put ourselves in your shoes. We'll always go out of our way, putting you first and delivering on what we say. You'll know who's supporting you every step of the way and we'll always have time to take your call.
We like to think we're a little bit different. Why? Because we like what we do, care about what you do, and you'll find we're unusually friendly.
Recommend a colleague:
Often, our candidates are so pleased with our service that they recommend us to their friends and colleagues. To encourage this and say thank you, we offer a referral bonus incentive.
The way it works is simple: if you introduce a candidate who is not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £250. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.
*The PQE range stated is purely a guide. We will consider candidates that fall outside of this range if they can strongly demonstrate the required competencies.