Adult Acute Speech and Language Therapist - Wakefield
- Job Reference: SLT00MYW
- Date Posted: 22 November 2018
- Recruiter: Maxxima
- Location: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Salary: £23.00 to £29.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Speech and Language Therapy > Speech and Language Therapist
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: Ongoing
- Work Hours: Full Time
Band 7 Speech and Language Therapist - Wakefield
Maxxima has the following opportunity for an experienced Speech and Language Therapist to fill a full time role in Wakefield. The hospital is located fairly close to a vibrant city, offering something for every lifestyle and is the perfect place to build a successful career. It is also based in an area with several accommodation sites nearby.
The role itself offers great variety depending on the individual therapists skills with an opportunity to work in stroke, respiratory and Intensive Care units, including tracheostomy as well as voice and/or head and neck cancer.
The role is available to start ASAP and for 2-3 months in the first instance, with a potential option to extend. The pay rate for this locum speech job is £27-29 per hour.
You must have a relevant qualification in speech and language therapy and be HCPC registered. Requirements of the role include:
* Being hospital based dysphagia independent
* Able to provide basic assessment in communication
* Keeping accurate records and updating records when needed
* Ensuring a high standard of patient care and actively improve the patient experience
* Options available to work in intensive care, head and neck oncology and voice
Why work for Maxxima?
* Practical assistance with relocation, accommodation and DBS/CRB checks
* Dedicated and experienced consultants
* Dedicated payroll consultant to ensure prompt payment
* Guidance and advice on CV and interview techniques
* Practical assistance with professional body registration
* A choice of PAYE, umbrella or LTD company payments
If you are interested in this role please apply by clicking the apply button. Or if you would like more details about this role, contact the team today, we always have time to take your call.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting our team. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Recommend a colleague:
Often, our candidates are so pleased with our service that they recommend us to their friends and colleagues. To encourage this and say thank you, we offer a referral bonus incentive. The way it works is simple: if you introduce a candidate who is not previously known to Maxxima and we are successful in placing them, we will pay you up to £1,500. More information regarding referrals can be found on our website.