What is a master vendor?
Hiring and managing staff in any healthcare organisation is a big job. Using a number of different locum suppliers – all with varying processes and rates - can add to this pressure and it’s easy for the situation to become time consuming and unwieldy. To simplify things, NHS trusts and private healthcare suppliers can choose to channel all their locum requirements through one main supplier – known as their ‘master vendor’.
The master vendor is the organisation’s main locum supplier and will get first refusal on any jobs that are released. This means they’ll be able to offer exclusive opportunities to candidates that other recruitment agencies can’t.
What does this mean for me?
We currently hold a number of master vendor contracts specifically for AHP and HSS. Work through Maxxima and you’ll get access to exclusive locum opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else. We are exclusive suppliers to the following trusts, meaning if you’re looking to work for any of them, you’ll need to work through Maxxima.
Master vendor contracts we currently hold:
- Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Trust
- Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Trust
- Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
- Humber NHS Foundation Trust
- Leeds & York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Locala CIC
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Hospitals NHS Trust
- Sheffield Health & Social Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Spectrum CIC (Wakefield)
- York Hospitals NHS Trust
- Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
- Gloucestershire Care Services NHS Trust
- Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- 2gether NHSFT (Gloucestershire Partnership NHS Trust)
- Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Bristol Community Health
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- North Somerset Community Partnership
- Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
- Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust
- University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
If you’d like discuss your availability for vacancies in any of the above trusts, contact us on 020 7749 8282, register online or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the link below to find out more information: